OCTOBER 30, 2020: Updated Mitigation Efforts & Restrictions
Governor Pritzker announced additional restrictions to include Region 11 (City of Chicago) starting Friday, October 30th. Region 11 has triggered additional mitigations due to a sustained increase in its positivity rate as well as a sustained increase in COVID-related hospitalizations for more than seven of the past ten days.
• All outside bar service closes at 11:00 p.m. (bars must have food license)
• All bar patrons should be seated at tables outside
• No ordering, seating, or congregating at bar (bar stools should be removed)
• All outdoor dining closes at 11:00 p.m.
Liquor sales and to go cocktails close down at 11 PM. Everyone must be off premise by 11 PM. Packaged goods must stop selling at 9 PM.
Here is the MITIGATION MEASURE guidelines from the City.
COCKTAILS TO GO
On June 17, 2020, City Council approved an ordinance to temporarily legalize the sale of pre-mixed cocktails for pick up or delivery in the city. This ordinance will allow for cocktails to go in Chicago with health and safety measures in place based on provision of the recently passed State Law:
- Pre-mixed cocktails must be sold in a sealed and tamper-evident container.
- Cocktails can only be sold by bars and restaurants, not liquor stores.
- Cocktails must be labeled and cannot be delivered by third-party delivery services.
Click here for all guidelines for cocktails to go.
ILCC Announces Guidance on Delinquency, Product Returns, On-Premise, Renewal Extensions
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) has announced new guidance related to the dispute process for retailer delinquencies and product returns.
Click here to read the guidance on the dispute process for retailer delinquencies.
Click here to read the guidance on product returns.
Click here to read the guidance for on-premise retailers regarding to-go alcohol sale privileges.
Click here to read the guidance on extending the deadline for state liquor license renewals.