Street Closures Announced For Cubs Home Games
WRIGLEYVILLE — The Cubs will play the Nationals in Washington, D.C., Friday and Saturday for the National League Division Series.
On Monday, the series moves to Wrigley Field — and that means, among many things, street closures and parking restrictions.
Here’s the plan:
Tentative parking restrictions
• North Clark Street: from West School Street/West Aldine Avenue to West Irving Park Road (both sides)
• North Sheffield Avenue: from West Roscoe Street to West Grace Street (both sides)
• West Addison Street: from North Halsted Street to Ashland Avenue (both sides)
• West Irving Park Road: from North Clark Street to the Seminary (both sides)
• North Racine Avenue: from North Clark Street to West Roscoe Street (both sides) NOTE: Racine will be used as the Clark alternative CTA bus route.
• West Cornelia Avenue: from North Clark Street to the first alley (both sides)
• West Eddy Street: from North Clark Street to the first alley (both sides)
• West Newport Avenue: from North Clark Street to the first alley (both sides)
• West Patterson Avenue: from North Clark Street to North Racine Avenue (both sides)
Parking restrictions for ComEd substations
ComEd trucks will stage at the following substations during both away and home games throughout the postseason, meaning there will be no parking allowed anytime from Friday through Oct. 12 at the following locations:
• North Seminary Avenue: from West Newport Avenue to the first alley (both sides)
• West Newport Avenue: from North Seminary Avenue to first alley (north side)
• North Seminary Avenue: 3900 block (both sides)
The following street closures will be in effect approximately three hours prior to each game until the end of the game, as determined by the Chicago Police Department. Pedestrian access will remain open.
• North Sheffield Avenue: from West Addison Street to West Waveland Avenue
• West Waveland Avenue: from North Sheffield Avenue to North Clark Street
Expect street closures between West Belmont Avenue and West Irving Park Park Road from North Halsted Street to North Southport Avenue. At the discretion of the Chicago Police and OEMC, arterial streets might be closed to all vehicular traffic. You should have photo ID and proof of residence available for presentation to any public safety official, police officer or traffic management personnel.
Getting around during postseason
Taxis will drop off, pick up and and stage on North Clark Street between West Roscoe Street and West School Street. Limos, Ubers, Lyfts and other car services will drop off, pick up and stage on West Irving Park Road between North Clark Street and North Seminary Avenue.
Remote parking is available at the remote lot at 3900 N. Rockwell St., with a free shuttle to the ballpark. The parking lot opens about five hours before each game.