The Lakeview Chamber of Commerce and Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce have partnered for a Bike Friendly Business District program! This program promotes shopping local and markets our neighborhood businesses to a growing and vibrant customer group: people who ride bikes. A Bike Friendly Business District is a commercial zone where local business owners and community groups actively promote biking as part of their neighborhood “brand” and encourage biking though special promotions, public events and improved conditions for cycling. We are currenlty exploring initiatives commonly found in other Bike Friendly Business District programs around the country:
- Discount Program for customers arriving by bike
- Promotional Materials and Initiatives such as maps, media outreach and events
- Improved Bike Infrastructure such as bike parking, repair stations or bike lanes
- Bicycling Education and Encouragement Activities such as safety workshops or educational materials
Ride & Seek Lakeview: #BikeLakeview in May to Win Daily Prizes
Spring is a great time to #BikeLakeview, and throughout National Bike Month in May, local bike-friendly businesses will be offering great deals and partnering with the Lakeview and Lakeview East Chambers of Commerce to give away one prize every day to people biking our neighborhood! Here’s how to seek out deals and prizes by bike:
Bike to Lakeview Businesses. Ride your bike to businesses participating in Lakeview’s Bike-Friendly Business program, you can find participating businesses here. Just show your helmet to take advantage of bike-friendly deals! You’ll find an Everyday Biking guide on the website to get started.
Share Your Experience. Throughout May, post about your bike visits with a shout-out to the business on Instagram and/or Twitter using the hashtag #BikeLakeview for a chance to win great prizes. Post photos and share your favorite things at each business!
Win Prizes. The more businesses you visit, the better chance you have of winning. No purchase necessary to win. Check out some of the great daily prizes.
Bike-Friendly Means Business-Friendly
- Shoppers who bike tend to stick closer to home and studies have shown that while customers arriving by bike may spend less per trip, they stop more frequently and spend more money per month than other customers.
- Slower speeds make your storefront more noticeable and make it easier to convert passers-by into loyal customers.
- Customers and employees arriving by bike also keep more parking spaces open for other customers who drive.
- As more people are using bicycles as a part of their daily lives and cities like Chicago are investing in safer bikeways and expanding bike sharing, local business owners can take advantage of these trends to drive their business.
Bike Friendly Deals
Please sign up your business today with a special offer!