The Lake View East Facade Incentive Program is designed to promote and revitalize the Lake View East Commercial retail buildings. It is managed by the Lake View East Chamber of Commerce and is funded solely by the Special Service Area (SSA) #8 and Special Service Area #17.
The SSA #8 Program provides financial and technical assistance to the owners and tenants of buildings that have street level commercial retail space within the published Special Service Area #8 boundaries:
- Diversey on the north side of the street from Sheridan to Halsted
- Halsted from Diversey to Belmont
- Clark from Diversey to Barry
- Belmont from Sheridan to Halsted
- Broadway from Diversey to Grace
The SSA #17 Program provides financial and technical assistance to the owners and tenants of buildings that have street level commercial retail space within the published Special Service Area #17 boundaries:
- Sheffield Avenue from Diversey to Irving Park
- Diversey on the north side of the street from 916 to 1012
- Clark from Fletcher on the west side of the street to Byron and from Belmont on the east side of the street up to and including the parking lot north of 3801 N Clark
- Belmont from Halsted on the north side of the street and Clark on the south side of the street to Racine
- Addison from the parking lot west of 1111 W. Addison to Wilton and Addison from Wilton to Reta on the south side of the street
- Irving Park on the south side of the street from 1017 W. Irving Park up to and including the parking lot just east of Fremont
- Waveland from Sheffield to Clark
- Seminary from Clark to Waveland
Rebates are provided in recognition of the significant impact storefront improvements have on the appearance and marketing of the Lake View East commercial area. The applicant receives a rebate after his/her project is completed, all costs related to the project have been paid and adequate documentation has been submitted to the Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce. Funding is limited, however. Applications will be considered in the order they are received. Projects must be completed in the 180 day time frame and within the same calendar year. Failure to do so will result in applicant’s rebate being canceled. Please download the brochure and application forms for more information.
For further information, contact the Lakeview East Chamber of Commerce staff at 773-348-8608 or email us.
Click on the links below to get started: