Special Service Area #17
As of January 1, 2017, Lakeview East is the sole service provider for Special Service Area #17. The Special Service Area (SSA) is an economic development tool that allows additional real estate property taxes to be levied to fund added services for a defined area. The services funded through the SSA #17 tax are in addition to services generally provided by the City. These services benefit those properties that are located within the boundaries of the SSA.
Central Lakeview property and business owners will benefit from special services that will enhance the commercial district, retain and attract business and financially support small business. Some of these programs will include:
Property and business owners receive 60% rebates for improvements to storefront facades.
The SSA #17 maintenance crew will sweep by your store to ensure a clean environment. During seasonal weather snow removal and street vacuuming will be performed. Special detail work such as graffiti removal is part of their daily routine.
Floral and plantings spread across the commercial district throughout the year. Annual contracts with professional landscapers will maintain all planters and flower buckets.
Marketing and Promotions
Business owners will benefit from area advertising and promotions that will attract thousands of people to our district.
SSA #17 Map
SSA #17 Commissioners:
- Jim Schuman, Berlin Nightclub, Chairman
- Stephen Johnson, Be Realty
- David Blitz, BlitzLake Partners
- John Bucksbaum, Bucksbaum Retail Properties
- David Gassman, DLG Development
- Todd Hyatt, Trader Todd’s
- Eric Kirsammer, Chicago Comics
- Juliana Montebello-Roman, PR Italian Bistro
- Jeanne Saliture, Resident
- Henry Schuppert, Sheffield Square Professional Building
- Andrew Rizzo, Rizzo’s Bar and Inn
- Robert Baum, Bedderman Hospitality, The Wheel House Hotel
2019 Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. **
- Rescheduled due to negative temperatures — Friday, February 15, 2019 at 10:00a.m.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
2019 RFP Opportunities
2019 Meeting Minutes:
2018 Meeting Minutes:
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Wednesday, April 11, 2018
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018
- SSA17 Audited Financial Statement for December 31, 2018 and 2017
- SSA17 Audited Financial Statement for December 31, 2017 and 2016
- SSA 17 Audited Financial Statement for December 31, 2016 and 2015